From the year 2012, Google Chrome browser is shipped with a much safer and stable version of flash plugin. This version of the plugin is called as Pepper Flash because of its reliance on PPAPI for interacting with browser. Pepper Flash is supposed to be more secure and reliable.
However; at times, this plugin causes certain issues like slow loading time, screen freeze or slow computer slow down or microphone quality problems (choppy or robotic voice). In cases like these, the issues can be rectified by disabling pepper flash plugin. In this post, we will go through the step by step process of how to disable pepperflash in google chrome browser.
Steps to disable pepperflash in google chrome
- Open google chrome web browser
- Open plugins page by visiting the link: chrome://plugins/
- It will provide you with a list of plugins as shown below
- Check for the flash plugins. Normally there are a couple of plugins installed
- Click on [+]Details link which will provide complete information about the plugins installed in your browser.
- Find the flash plugin that has pepperflash in its url string as shown below
- Go to flash player section and then click on disable
- Once disabled, clear cache, close your Google Chrome browser and reopen it. Inshort, clear cache and restart your chrome browser
You should now be able to resolve any issues that have been caused due to pepper flash in google chrome and disabling it should help with having various services which rely on it work properly.
Flash not installed issue after disabling pepperflash
If pepperflash is only the version of flash installed on your chrome browser, this error is caused when you disable pepperflash and restart it. Inorder to avoid such errors, click here to go to adobe website and download flash player. Restart your chrome browser and it should help in fixing the problem.
I hope the above steps help in resolving issues with pepperflash on google chrome. However; if you still face any issues, please do let us know and if you have anything more to add to this problem, please do share it through comments below.